Yacht charter Kefalonia
Kefalonia is the biggest Island in Greece’s Ionian water, with a mountainous inside covered in pine and cypress forests. Its a landscape made famous by Louis de Berniere’s book ‘Captain Corelli’s Mandolin’ (and also the film variation starring Nicholas Cage) and, as you sail all over Island, impressive mountain scenery will probably be your backdrop.
The Island’s interior is really worth checking out by bike, automobile or jeep, that are available to hire in Fiscardo. Kefalonia has, at different times, been in Roman, Norman, Pisan, Turkish, Venetian, French and English hands and was occupied for a time because of the Italians. Now Kefalonia is Greek, although there continues to be a definite Italian experience.
Fiscardo, on the north-eastern tip regarding the island, and marked by an extraordinary Venetian lighthouse on north region of the bay, is among the few villages having survived the 1953 earthquake almost unscathed and its own nineteenth Century Italianate architecture remains undamaged.
Fiscardo itself is a jewel of a seaside town, with much to interest the going to sailor. It’s very the area to see and be seen, sometimes referred to by some as ‘Kensington because of the Sea’. During the summer it is very well-known and moorings is in short supply as sailors throng the shops, boutiques, tavernas and clubs of the pretty harbour. The Captain’s Cabin regarding the waterfront is one thing of a yachtsman’s gathering place for early night drinks, while Herodotus and also the outdoors Taverna come recommended for their tasty meals.
Fiscardo is an excellent destination from which to explore the fortresses, monasteries, museums and hiking tracks of this northern an element of the area. Additionally, it is within simple get to of some wonderful comfortable and secluded coves with crystal-clear seas, ideal to anchor for a day of cycling, snorkelling and waist line contemplation. You might even determine this is of life...as been attracting visitors from
- Berth stern or bows-to on the town quay where feasible.
- There clearly was a pontoon run by Tassia’s Taverna from the west region of the harbour.
- As soon as the quay is full, anchor and just take a lengthy range to the shore regarding the north part, maintaining well free from the ferry berth.
- The bottom is sand, mud and weed with a few scattered stones, holding is good when through grass.
- Climb up to the Venetian lighthouse for fabulous views
- Hire a motorbike, vehicle or jeep and explore the inner associated with area.
- Visit the damages of a Palaeolithic settlement and Byzantine chapel